PE and Sport
Here at All Saints’ Primary School, we are committed to ensuring that children receive high-quality PE lessons and are able to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities throughout the week. In recognition of this we have been awarded ‘Gold’ in the Sainsbury’s School Games Mark for both 2015 – 16 and 2016 – 17. We hope to retain our Gold status for the next academic year too!
We enjoyed a fantastic ‘Sports Relief Day’ on Thursday 22nd March 2018. Each class dressed up in sports clothes and took part in ‘The Lawshall Mile’ relay around the grounds, throughout the day. We raised £165.00 🙂
Competitions and festivals:
Well done to the Year 3 and 4 children who took part in the basketball competition organised by the Bury School Partnership on January 25th 2018.
Well done to the year 5 and 6 children who took part in the Tchoukball Competition at KEGS on January 16th 2018. They came 3rd overall!
The Key Stage 2 Cross Country Competition in the Autumn Term 2017.
School Sports Premium
All Saints’ will receive £16,000 plus £10 per child from the Department of Education for this academic year ( 2017 – 18).
This funding is ring fenced and can only be spent on improving the quality of PE and Sport for all. The aim is to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches.
- Improve professional development of primary teachers.
- Increasing sports clubs.
- Running sports competitions.
At All Saints’ all of our teaching staff have increased our specialist sports knowledge to ensure the sustained impact of the Sports Premium by:
- Employing sports specialists to work alongside class teachers and to ensure the sustained improvement in the teaching of PE across the school.
- Extensive participation in sporting events and competitions both within the school and through inter school competitions.
- This sustainability has been recognised by the school achieving the Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Award in 2015-16 and in 2016 – 17.
In our current Year 6 cohort 20 / 23 children ( 87%) have achieved the NC requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, using a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self – rescue in different water based situations.
Spending and Impact Documents
- Planned spending 2018 – 19 website
- Actual spending 2017 – 18 website
- Impact statement 2017-18
- Planned Spending 2017-18
- Impact statement 2016-17
- Impact statement 2015-16
- Actual spending 2015-16
- Planned spending 2015-16
- PE & Sport Premium for Schools – Actual Spending 2013 / 2014
- Head Teacher Sports Funding Update
- Sports Funding Report