Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our Class Page.
Our Teacher is Mr Mison and our teaching assistants are Mrs Plummer and Mrs Beeton.
- Homework will be handed out on Tuesday, and due in the following Monday
- Spellings are tested every Friday.
- PE will be outdoors on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Times tables will be tested on a Monday.
Our learning this week:
- In Maths we are learning to:
- In English we are learning to: Write a set of instructions.
- In Science we are learning to: Describe the orbit of the planets.
Homework & Spelling:
- Homework – Year 4 Homework – Week 1 – Due 16th September
- Spellings – Week 3 Spellings – Tested 20th September 2019
- Remember your child has access to Times Table Rockstars.
What we’ve been up to this week:
Our first full week in Horse Chestnut class has been very busy. The children are beginning to get used to the routines and expectations of Year 4. In Maths, we have been looking at different ways of showing numbers, thinking carefully about the place value and in English, we have been constructing our own set of instructions, thinking carefully about our capital letters. The children enjoyed their first Basketball and Hockey PE lessons and we are all excited that next week the instruments will be coming out in Music.
We had great fun in our first hockey session.
Additional Home Resources:
A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too. 100-books.
Throughout this year, we shall be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings.
Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children.