Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our Class Page.
Our Teacher is Mr Mison and our teaching assistants are Mrs Plummer and Mrs Beeton.
- Homework will be handed out on Tuesday, and due in the following Monday.
- Spellings are tested every Friday.
- PE will be indoors on a Tuesday.
- Forest school and Gardening will be outside on a Wednesday.
- Times tables will be tested on a Monday.
Our learning this week: (W/C 11.10.19)
- In Maths, we are learning to: Multiply and divide by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- In English, we are learning to:
- In Science, we are learning to: Describe how we see.
Homework & Spelling:
- Homework – Year 4 Homework – Week 3 – Due 18th November
- Spellings – Week 3 Spellings – Tested 22nd November 2019
- Remember your child has access to Times Table Rockstars.
What We’ve Been up to this Week: (W/C 11.11.19).
We’ve had another great week in Horse Chestnut class. On Monday, we researched soldiers from the local area who fought in World War One and created our own blackout poetry. The children experimented on the different equipment in Gymnastics, and we learnt back stitch in DT. We continued our work on Perimeter in Maths and talked about how we see in Science.
We began planting some winter seeds in gardening this week and painted some of our plant pots too.
We continued our gymnastic work, exploring different movements, using the different apparatus.
As part of Remembrance day and our Geography unit, we researched soldiers from the local area who fought in World War One and created some super black out poetry based on the poem ‘For the Fallen’.
Additional Home Resources:
- A great website for new book releases: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/our-recommendations/best-new-books/
- A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too: 100-books.
- Throughout this year, we will be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings.
- Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children.