Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our Class Page.
Our Teacher is Mr Mison and our teaching assistants are Mrs Plummer and Mrs Beeton.
- Times tables will be tested on a Friday.
- Homework will be due in on a Monday and handed out on a Tuesday.
- PE Kits will need to be in on Tuesday and Wednesday (outdoor).
- Instruments will need to be in school on Thursday.
- Spellings are tested every Friday.
- 17th January – Kagera Enrichment Day.
- 23rd January – Year 4 Seed to Tree.
- 27th January – Entries to Art Competition due in.
- Friday 31st January – Interim reports sent home.
- Friday 28th February – Class photo’s.
- Thursday 5th March – World Book Day ( dressing up!)
- Monday 30th March – Open books
- Wednesday 1st April – Parents’ Evening ( 3.30 – 5.30)
- Thursday 2nd April – Easter Celebration in the church for all – 2.30 – End of term!
- Thursday 2nd April – Parents’ Evening ( 4.30 – 6.30)
- Friday 3rd April – First day of the Easter Holidays
- Monday 20th April – PD day
- Tuesday 21st April – Children back to school for the Summer term
Our learning this week: (W/C 13.1.20 )
- In Maths, we are learning to: Multiply using formal methods.
- In English, we are learning to: Write using descriptive features.
- In Science, we are learning to: Explore what an irreversible change is.
Homework & Spelling:
- Homework – Year 4 Homework – Week 1 – Due 20th January
- Spellings – Week 1 Spellings – Tested 17th January 2020.
- Remember your child has access to Times Table Rockstars.
What We’ve Been up to this Week: (W/C 6.1.20).
We’ve had a great first week back after Christmas. On Tuesday, we had a lovely afternoon in the church at our Epiphany service. Well done to everyone that created a crown for the event. In English, we began exploring descriptive writing, focusing on the features of a character description. We looked at the vocabulary surrounding colours in French and began looking a irreversible changes in Science. Our Maths this week was based on times tables, leading onto formal methods next week.
We had another busy Music lesson with Mrs Blyth this week. Don’t forget instruments every Thuursday.
In PE this week, the children started their work on Boxercise.
We enjoyed sharing some of the new books from the library in our reading session this week.
Additional Home Resources:
- A great website for new book releases: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/our-recommendations/best-new-books/
- A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too: 100-books.
- Throughout this year, we will be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings.
- Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children.