Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our class page.
- Homework, is due in on 25th March.
- Our weekly spelling test will be on a Friday.
- Cornets and Baritones need to be in school on a Thursday.
- PE will be on a Tuesday and Friday.
Dates to Remember:
- Monday 25th March – Open Books.
- Wednesday 27th March – Class photos.
- Tuesday 2nd April – Early Parents evening (3:30-5:30)
- Wednesday 3rd April – Late Parents evening (4:30 – 6:30)
- Thursday 25th April – Visit to Suffolk Farm and Country Fair.
- Monday 29th April – Visit to Shimpling Farm.
Our learning this week:
- In Maths we are learning to: Divide by 10 and 100.
- In English we are learning to:
- In Science we are learning to:
Homework & Spelling:
- Reading Homework – Year 4 Homework – Due 25th March 2019
- Spellings (Tested Friday 22nd March) – Year 4 – Spellings – Tested 29th March
- Remember you have access to Times Table Rockstars, the Hall of Fame in our classroom is updated daily.
What we’ve been up to this week:
We have had a good week in Horse Chestnut class. At the beginning of the week, we worked hard to research, plan and write a biography on either Barack Obama or Angelina Jolie. This was not easy, but the children persevered and produced some good work. In Maths, we have begun our new unit on decimals, looking at the relationship between tenths, hundredths and fractions. Our Science this week was based on testing Faraday Coils, using magnets to create circuits which illuminated a lamp.
Additional Home Resources:
A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too. 100-books –
Throughout this year, we shall be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings
Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children