Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our Class Page.
- Homework will be handed out on Tuesday
- Your child will come home on Friday with a personalised set of spellings which will be tested on Friday 28th June.
- Cornets and Baritones will need to be in school on a Thursday.
- We will be in the school garden on a Wednesday.
- PE will be outdoors on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 24th June – Theatre Workshop.
- 1st – 5th July 2019 – Health and Fitness Week.
- 5th July- Sports Day.
- 5th July – Summer Fayre.
- 11th July 2019 – Seed to Tree event (Details to follow).
- 16th July 2019 – Open book session for parents (3pm onwards)
- 18th July 2019 – School Reports.
- 22nd Jult 2019 – Transfer morning.
- 24th July 2019 – Summer Celebration 2.30pm (Last day of term).
Our learning this week:
- In Maths we are learning to:
- In English we are learning to: Answer questions based on a text.
- In Science we are learning to: Identify different ways of separating mixtures.
Homework & Spelling:
- Homework – No homework set this week! 🙂
- Personalised Spelling Test (Friday 28th June).
- Remember your child has access to Times Table Rockstars, the Hall of Fame is displayed in our classroom.
What we’ve been up to this week:
We’ve a very busy week in Horse Chestnut class! Our week kicked off with our performance at the Apex as part of out Cornet and Baritone lessons. But just one performance was not enough for us this week! On Tuesday and Wednesday the children performed their school play, Hoodwinked. Every child should be very proud of the confidence they have displayed this week, on the stage and with their music. On Thursday we became archaeologists, exploring the tombs of Egypt. We were exhausted by the time we got to Friday, but we managed to create some fantastic diary entries and explored some more Egyptian artifacts.
On Monday we were at the Apex performing with our Baritones and Cornets.
We had a performance from the Theatre Royal on Tuesday. Next week, we will have a workshop with them.
In our Science lesson we tested how good different solvents were at removing nail varnish.
On Thursday, we became archaeologists, discovering the tombs of Ancient Egypt.
Additional Home Resources:
A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too. 100-books.
Throughout this year, we shall be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings.
Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children.