Horse Chestnut Class
Welcome to our class page.
- Homework, is due in on Monday 3rd June.
- National Curriculum Spellings will be tested on Week Commencing 3rd June.
- Cornets and Baritones need to be in school on a Thursday.
- We will be in the school garden on a Wednesday.
- PE will be on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 24th May 2019 – PD Day.
- 5th June 2019 – French Enrichment Day.
- 17th June 2019 – WCET Festival 2019 (Performance at the Apex) – Children drop of at 9.10am, performance to parents at 1.50pm.
- 1st – 5th July 2019 – Health and Fitness Week.
- 5th July – Sports Day.
- 11th July 2019 – Seed to Tree event (Details to follow).
- 24th July 2019 – Last Day of Term.
Our learning this week:
- In Maths we are learning to: Compare and order amounts of money.
- In English we are learning to: Write using the persuasive features.
- In Science we are learning to: Identify different mixtures.
Homework & Spelling:
- Homework – Year 4 Half-Term Homework – Due 3rd June.
- Spellings (Tested Friday 17th May) – Year 4 Spellings – Tested 17th May 2019
- National Curriculum Spelling List (Tested Week Commencing 3rd June).
- Remember you have access to Times Table Rockstars, the Hall of Fame in our classroom is updated daily.
What we’ve been up to this week:
Another busy week in Horse Chestnut class! We have been very busy beginning to map out of play, Hoodwinked. In the classroom, the children worked hard to write some persuasive writing to persuade someone to visit Egypt and in Maths we have begun to look at money, looking at the different coins. We enjoyed the sunny weather out in the school garden and even did some drawing in the sun in RE. We finsihed off the week with fun in the kitchen, making jam tarts.
Additional Home Resources:
A list of 100 great book titles suitable for our age group. Lots of well known books and some new ones too. 100-books.
Throughout this year, we shall be working through these spellings. Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spellings.
Reading with your child is so important. A guide to Reading with Children.